6.08.2010

The search is on.

For what, you might ask? Well, my dear, the perfect dress. Some of you may recall my most recent Halloween costume as the Queen of Hearts. If you don't, here's a picture to jog your memory.


But after an amazing costume like that, (that I was even recognized as at a later date) I need something bigger and better to top it. Now, in all of Disney history, what dress is the biggest and best? I've got one word for you: Charlotte.

Image from MAGICAL SCREENCAPS. From Disney's The Princess and the Frog.

Charlotte La Bouff, a.k.a. Lottie, Tiana's best friend in The Princess and the Frog. Yup, that will be me.

Now, last year, my wonderful grandmother had an old bridesmaid dress from my mother's wedding that we simply altered a bit and painted to make the perfect under-layer of the Queen's wonderful gown. Looking back, I feel I should have saved that for this year, because it would've been beyond perfect (it had the poofy sleeves and everything)!

So, for the past couple months I've been checking Craigslist every once in a while. I mean, I'm not that specific, just want a white or pink ballgown that's about my size. You think that would be easy, right? WRONG.

Here's the thing. I'm a thin person. Not to sound conceited, but I just am. And I'd say a majority of the Inland Empire popular who's getting married or having their Quincenera, well...isn't.

It's a good thing I get an incredibly early start on these.

2 comments:

  1. OHMYGAWD.

    that Queen O' Hearts dress is freaking amazing. I am in love with it.

    And CHARLOTTE!?!?! :D :D She's only my favorite Disney spaz EVAR! I wish I could be her. But I'm getting a super awesome Alice dress. So it's all good. :] I expect to see pictures once you get your dress.

    oh. this is Sam (iwannasammich) from dA, btw. Cuz my Google Account is in my other username thing. So yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) My grandma is amazing. She sewed the coat kinda part of that.

    Um, OF COURSE! She's only the greatest Disney character "EVAR!" Like, a legit one? I'm way to tall for Alice. And of course! That's the point in the blog.

    I was a tad confused...but now I get it.

    ReplyDelete