2.09.2010

How to Make Rainbow Cupcakes

That's right, rainbow cupcakes.

I didn't make this recipe myself, but I found it HERE and decided to try it out. So, here's their recipe, with my lovely pictures.

To make it easier on yourself, buy cake mix and use that to make the batter. It will make more cupcakes, too.
Recipe I used is italicized; the regular font is things I wanted to add.

Makes 12 Cupcakes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
food coloring
 
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
 
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.


In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.


Divide mixture evenly into bowls. In to however many color you want. Color the mixture with the food coloring.


I happened to have a cute assistant helping me with the mixing....

Evenly fill the muffin cups with the color batters.

Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.


Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.




Once your cupcakes have cooled, you can ice them. I didn't frost them this time, but they still got great reviews!

2 comments:

  1. Okay- these are SOOOOO cute!! What a fun idea!! If we did this AWESOME 80's skating party for Nome's 30th- those would have been PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? These are the types of cupcakes I made for the surprise 80's party - not the exact ones, though, because I used a mix for those. :)

    ReplyDelete